What is an Overnight Parking Permit and when do I need to purchase one?
The overnight permit is used for any vehicle that does not have an active permit in the Passport Parking Program. Some of these circumstances are:
• An overnight guest
• A rental vehicle or any vehicle that is not registered to the City of Garfield
• People who applied after normal business hours, or for any application pending for approval
• New residents who do not have all documentation for a residential permit
An overnight permit costs $5.00 and the purchase of this permit will ensure that a summons is not issued.
YOU MUST UPLOAD ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS EACH TIME FOR GARFIELD RESIDENT PARKING PERMITS
1. VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE WITH CURRENT GARFIELD ADDRESS (NO PO BOX ADDRESS);
2. VALID REGISTRATION WITH CURRENT GARFIELD ADDRESS (NO PO BOX ADDRESS);
3. VALID INSURANCE CARD WITH CURRENT GARFIELD ADDRESS (NO PO BOX ADDRESS)
TEMPORARY INSURANCE CARDS NOT ACCEPTED;
AND ONE OF THE FOLLOWING (DATED WITHIN 60 DAYS OF THE CURRENT DATE):
4. CURRENT PROOF OF RESIDENCE WITH NAME & ADDRESS OF RESIDENT/REGISTERED OWNER
(A PO BOX ADDRESS NOT ACCEPTABLE). UTILITY BILLS MUST BE THE ENTIRE FIRST PAGE, INCLUDING THE MAILING ADDRESS AND THE SERVICE AT ADDRESS AS THEY MUST MATCH.
• ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS FOR PROOF OF RESIDENCE ARE:
PSE&G (ENTIRE FIRST PAGE), CABLE (ENTIRE FIRST PAGE), VERIZON, DIRECT TV, DISH TV, CELL PHONE BILL [AT&T, SPRINT, T-MOBILE, ETC], IRS STATEMENT, FAMILY CARE STATEMENT, SOCIAL SERVICES NOTICE, MEDICARE/MEDICAID STATEMENT, LIFE INSURANCE BILL, HEALTH INSURANCE BILL, PENSION/401-K STATEMENTS, MEDICAL/HOSPITAL BILL, STUDENT LOAN BILL OR A MAJOR CREDIT CARD BILL (VISA/MASTERCARD/DISCOVER/AMEX) OR BANK STATEMENT (NO MORTGAGE)
TAX, WATER OR SEWER BILLS, MORTGAGE STATEMENTS, CAR INSURANCE BILLS, CAR PAYMENT BILLS, JUNK MAIL, E-Z PASS STATEMENTS, APARTMENT LEASES, BANK CHECKS / PAYCHECKS, EMAIL PRINTOUTS OR POST OFFICE FORWARDING LABELS WILL BE ACCEPTED AS PROOF OF RESIDENCE.
NOTE: NEW RESIDENTS MUST BRING A COPY OF THEIR APARTMENT LEASE TO FIRE PREVENTION.
ALL DMV INFORMATION (LICENSE, REGISTRATION & INSURANCE) MUST BE UPDATED TO THE CURRENT GARFIELD ADDRESS, AND A VALID PROOF OF RESIDENCE (SEE #4 ABOVE) MUST BE PROVIDED BEFORE A RESIDENTIAL PERMIT CAN BE APPROVED.